PETER L. AYALA Ph.D.
Certified Visual Arts Teacher, December 2017 – Present
Detroit Public School Community District, Frank Cody High School, Detroit, Michigan
- Provide art instruction for grade levels 9-12, focusing on introducing the elements of art and principles of design, color theory, basic drawing, graphic design, painting, 3D art, and digital/multimedia.
- Develop project-based instructional units to foster creative thinking, art appreciation, and individual/group interests in visual arts.
- Educate and inspire learners through engaging and interactive art lessons.
Educational Technologist, 2013 – Present
Peter Ayala LLC. Consulting, Honolulu, Hawai‘i – Detroit, Michigan
- Utilize expertise in Educational Technology and Instructional Design, specializing in UI/UX Design Research and Mobile Device-Based Learning Environments (MDBLE).
- Developed and investigated innovative MDBLE through the research project titled “Participant Perceptions of Learning To Play Guitar in a Mobile Device-Based Learning Environment (MDBLE): A Case Study of GitShed.com.”
- Design and demonstrate the development and testing of mobile online learning initiatives to enhance teaching and learning experiences.
Graduate Assistant, January 2015 – September 2015
The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, National Disaster Preparedness Training Center (NDPTC)
- Supported the development, management, and archiving of training materials.
- Utilized software tools such as Articulate, Camtasia Studio, PowerPoint, and Razuna (Cloud Storage) for training material development and management.
Ph.D. in Education – Educational Technology, Defended March, Graduated December 2018
The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, Honolulu, HI
M.Ed. in Visual Arts Education, December 2008
Minor: Educational Technology
Marygrove College, Detroit, MI
Michigan Test For Teacher Certification – Visual Arts Education (LQ)
Passed, January 2008 – Renewed 2017
B.A. in Studio Art, 1985
Minor: A.A. Advertising Design, 1984